20.5.04

Greetings from Sackville, New Brunswick. I know, it's been a while but I thought I'd write a post to let everyone know how I'm doing on my vacation. For starters, I am now a Mount Allison alumnus (I've got the diploma and pin to prove it!) and I'm having a great time here with Maryn.

We've been to Cavendish and Charlottetown, P.E.I. as well as Moncton where we stayed at a very nice Bed and Breakfast for three nights. Tonight we're staying in Sackville and tomorrow we're on our way to Fredricton.

We've been pretty busy on our trip. We've been to lots and I mean LOTS of used book stores. When we were in Moncton, Maryn got tickets to see the New Brunswick symphony perform "Arabian Nights", narrated by Veronic Tennant as part of my graduation present and it was a beautiful evening. Yesterday we went on a guided tour to see the famous Hopewell rocks near the Bay of Fundy. I took lots of pictures so when I get home I'll be sure to post them.

We've been having a blast and the weather has been gorgeous for the past couple of days. Unfortunately I didn't bring any shorts but it's still nice to take a stroll in downtown Sackville with the sun shining and without being blown away by the fierce Maritime winds. I've never been in Sackville during the spring or summer so I'm glad to be able to appreciate it now.

Well that's all for now. Aloha!

No comments: