17.6.02

"It's A Good Life If You Don't Weaken": The Tragically Hip
It's still rainy outside. I think mother nature is a bit confused. It's going to be summer not spring. Yesterday Ryan came over and we watched a wonderfully cheesy movie called "Commando". It was one of Arnold's first action movies and some of his one liners were so terrible that they were great. Here let me give you an example. He's in a plane at one point and he knocks out the man sitting next to him. The stewardess comes by and Arnold says "Don't disturb my friend. He's dead tired." Bloody brilliant I tell you :)
Over the past week I've finished two more paintings. Now I've run out of canvas so I'm going to have to go down to Omer Deserres to pick up some more. My goal for the summer is to have 10 paintings finished. I've done 5 so far so it's looking pretty promising. If I end up doing even more than 10, I will be really impressed with myself.
I joined the YMCA a few days ago so that I can get into "beach" shape before I go away to Europe for the rest of the summer. I wouldn't want to take off my shirt in Corfu and cause mass hysteria - "RUN IT'S A MONSTER AND HIS STOMACH FAT IS GOING TO EAT US ALL!!!" That would be a terrible blow to my already fragile ego. Have a good week everyone.


No comments: