8.4.14

OULIPOST #8: BEAUTIFUL INLAW (BEAU PRESENT)

I ram 
I arm 
I ism

Or

I aim
I soar
I am 

So 

I roam
I om
I am

Sources: Front page of The Montreal Gazette. 8th April, 2014.
I also used the Scrabble Word Finder to find my words.
Method: Select a name from one of your newspaper articles, famous or not. Compose a poem using only words that can be made from the letters in that person’s name. For example, if you selected “John Travolta,” you may only use words that can be made from the letters A, J, H, L, N, O, R, T and V. Read more "beau present" poems in the comments section here.

For my "beau present" poem, the name I chose was Marois, as in Pauline Marois, the newly ousted former premier of Quebec, giving me access to the letters: M, A, R, O, I, and S. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"I roam/I om/I am" - you've made the Cogito into a poem!