1.8.11

Paris Roundup

My sojourn to Paris has come to an end and I'm typing this among my boxes of books and half-empty suitcases in my New Haven apartment.

It was a wild nine months:

1) I did some translation work for a French law-firm's website, taught English classes to my daughter's pediatrician, and regularly tutored French teenagers.

2) I joined the editorial staff (as a poetry editor) for the awesome Paris-based journal, Upstairs at Duroc.

3) There were so many wonderful poets and writers that I was lucky enough to meet and spend time with, including Paula Bohince, Barbara Beck, Rufo Quintavalle, Lisa Pasold, Jennifer K. Dick, Nina Karacosta, Steve Dalachinsky, Dylan Harris, John Stiles, and Todd Swift.

4) The Emperor's Sofa World Tour took me to Montreal, Paris, Berlin, and London. Thanks to everyone who made those readings possible, including my publisher DC Books, Dylan Harris, Barbara Beck, the editors at SAND Journal, and my dear friend Joshua Levy.

What's next for me now that I'm back in North America? Unpacking and getting over my jet lag, first of all. But I have some cool announcements to make that I'll share over the next couple of days.

So, stay tuned for my first announcement TOMORROW AUGUST 2!!!

Au revoir, Paris. Bonjour, New Haven!

Thanks for reading.

G

No comments: