17.7.07

Writer calls for Spain and Portugal to unite into a single country

Jose Saramago, the Portuguese writer and Nobel Laureate has urged Spain and Portugal to unite into a single country called "Iberia". As the son of Portuguese and Spanish parents, I'm intrigued and somewhat mystified by Saramago's idea. I'm not sure if this should be taken seriously but since he's written books like The Stone Raft, where the Iberian Peninsula breaks off from Europe and sails about the Atlantic Ocean, it sure makes a great idea for Saramago's next novel.

More here.

1 comment:

Miss Esquire said...

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your friendly note! Yes, I used to live practically across the hall from Maryn. She mentioned that you were looking at writing programs in the States but not which ones. Looks like you're at a great one, though. Pretty funny to randomly come across your blog! The whole application process is stressing me out. How many schools did you apply to, if you don't mind my asking?