28.11.06

Back in New Haven

My visit to Montreal was quick but great fun. It was a blast seeing my friends and family. I enjoyed some theatre: saw The Satchmo' Suite and my mother invited me to Michel Tremblay's Assorted Candies; tried a couple of new restaurants: Chine Toque and Nonya, the only Indonesian restaurant in town; and experienced the craziness of Expozine.

This year's Expozine was packed and I grabbed as much swag as I could. I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of people in attendance. Not bad for an 5-year old event.

I picked up Susan Elmslie's QWF award winning book, I, Nadja, and Other Poems; Catherine Kidd's much-anticipated, Bipolar Bear; and Dreadful Paris by Melissa A. Thompson; along with a variety of other knick-knacks. It was also nice to chat with people I haven't seen in a while, like Sherwin Tjia, Jon Paul Fiorentino, and Laura Roberts.

It was strange to commute into New York this morning after having almost a week off but I'll be done school soon. In fact, I'll be back in Montreal in approximately three weeks. I'd better go off and get back to work so I can end the semester with a bang.

No comments: