9.10.06

Friends, Turkey Day, and Dave Brubeck

Happy Thanksgiving Canucks. Maryn and I spent the past few days entertaining Josh and Ryan, our first guests to stay in our new digs. We all went into New York on Saturday and spent some time exploring stores in Greenwich Village, tried my first Papaya King hot dog, Josh bought an autoharp!, got lost in the bright lights & large crowds of Times Square, and saw a Broadway show (the Tony Award-winning Avenue Q).

Then in New Haven I showed them Yale campus, ate"pizza pies" at the inimitable Frank Pepe's pizzeria, and unfortunately we were unable to eat at Louis' Lunch (supposedly the birthplace of America's first burger) since they're closed on Sundays and Monday but we grabbed a bite at The Yankee Doodle Coffee Shop.

Tonight, Maryn and I are seeing Dave Brubeck live and in concert. I missed the jazz legend when he played the closing concert at the Montreal Jazz Fest this summer so it's great that I'll be able to see him here.

No comments: