22.7.06

Lazy Saturday

Ever since the storm took out my home's phone lines last week, it's been a real problem getting to use the internet but now I'm happy to announce that my wireless and high-speed service is finally working.

I was supposed to have a picnic on Mount Royal today but it unfortunately rained. Luckily good food and great friends helped me forget about the lousy weather. I made a "tortilla de patata", also known as a Spanish omelette, and Josh and Eva made a salad made of watermelon, feta, and mint. Delicious!

Later we watched Mumford, a movie I'm sure most people have never seen, but it's been described as a "Frank Capra style social fable for the 90s" and it is certainly a gem. I first saw it in '99 and fell in love with its quirky characters and the great ensemble cast. You actually get to see Jason Lee skateboard. Did you know that before he became an actor and donned a moustache for the hit NBC series My Name is Earl, Lee was a skateboard champ?

No comments: