15.4.06

Listening to Franz Ferdinand

Franz Ferdinand's second album, You Could Have It So Much Better is a great sophomore effort from the Glasgow band. Like their first album, this one is filled with catchy, head-bobbing tunes that you can't help but want to dance to. They're playing with Death Cab for Cutie and The Cribs in Montreal tonight, Saturday April 15th, 8pm @ CEPSUM.

Last night Josh, Ryan, and I went to see Peter Katz and Amanda Mabro perform at The Main Hall on St-Laurent. Although the show was billed as Mabro's CD launch party, I have to admit that I didn't know her work and went because I wanted to see Peter Katz. I had seen Katz play at Casa Del Popolo a number of months ago and was blown away by his performance. Once again, he didn't disappoint. Although he played a much shorter set than last time, quality made up for quantity. Go to his website to listen to some samples, I particularly recommend "Hum" and "The Fence". Also, if you have a chance to see him in person; do it! Because while his albums are good - particularly The One Minute Mile Man - they don't do his live performances justice.

No comments: