29.3.06

So I'm attending a Centaur Theatre play tomorrow. I have season tickets so I'm not exactly sure which one I'm seeing but I'm assuming it'll be Francois Letoureau's, CHEECH. After tomorrow's play, I believe I only have one more left to see in May. So far I've really enjoyed this season, particularly David Fennario's, Condoville and Vittorio Rossi's, Hellfire Pass.

I had a chance to look at Centaur's upcoming 2006-2007 Season and there are a number of shows that look really promising. Carmela's Table will have its world premiere in October. It is part two of Vittorio Rossi's "A Carpenter's Trilogy" - the first was the very powerful and entertaining, Hellfire Pass - and after seeing the first play, I really wanted to know what happened next so I'm very happy that I won't have to wait long to see this next installment.

Michel Tremblay's English-language world premiere of Assorted Candies will be running from November-December. Inspired by his book of short stories, Bonbons assortis, this is a definite must-see show from one of Montreal's most important playwrights.

Lastly, I'm most excited about Centaur's upcoming Brave New Works project. Brave New Works is a new initiative that's intended to provide audiences with an opportunity to "celebrate the diversity, imagination, and highly original work of cutting edge companies and individual 'auteurs.'" Anyway, in the Fall they're bringing in SaBooge - a young ensemble group based in Montreal and New York - to perform Every Day Above Ground, a ground-breaking interpretation of Michael Ondaatje's, The Collected Works of Billy the Kid, which just so happens to be my favourite Ondaatje work.

If I am unable to make the Montreal performances of Every Day Above Ground since I might be in the United States, I'm still in luck because the US premiere will be taking place at PS122, New York in November 2006. So either way, I'm making plans to see it and that's that.

No comments: