27.2.04

It's hard to believe that spring break is coming to an end. However it has been a very nice, and relaxing one. Maryn and I should be heading back to Sackville tomorrow and we'll soon be back to the daily grind at Mount Allison. I didn't bring a watch with me to Yarmouth so it's been wonderful not having to rely on an alarm clock to wake me up in the morning. I've been sleeping when I want to and waking up when I want to. Ah this is the life.

Yesterday we rented "About Shmidt" which I had never seen and it was very enjoyable. It was a great acting movie, and I'm surprised I didn't see it sooner. I picked up Stuart Maclean's "The Vinyl Cafe: Unplugged" yesterday and devoured it with gusto. I just finished reading it and it was so refreshingly funny, and simple. I actually had the pleasure of seeing Stuart Maclean in person when he came to speak at Mount Allison in my first year and he read some excerpts from some of his novels. He's a wonderful storyteller and I can relate to many of the characters in his stories. When I put down the book it was as if I was saying goodbye to some good friends. I look forward to picking up more of his books in the near future.

This afternoon I'm going to be going to get my haircut. This will be one of the first times I've gotten my haircut by someone other than my barber. I mean, I've been getting my hair cut by Pietro since I was a little tyke. I can imagine his reaction if I told him someone else cut my hair.

"You gotta you hair cuta by someabody else??? How could you geta someone else to cutta you hair Gregory? I know the shapa you head so well. Noone else knows you head lika I do."

"But I haven't been in Montreal since January. I had to get my haircut Pietro. I'm graduating soon and I have to get my grad pictures taken."

"Fina. Fina. Iz ok. Buta you know I cutta you hair better thana anyone else. Right?"

"Of course."

"Ok. Va bene. Now don'ta get me scared lika that ever again. Capice?"

"Capice."


Note to self. Don't tell him someone else cut your hair. Have a good afternoon folks.

No comments: