10.2.03

Watching The Very Best of The Muppet Show
I got some mail today. Needless to say I was very excited since I don't get mail very often and so when I opened my mail box I did a little dance for joy. I will now recreate this dance for joy. Unfortunately for you people in internet land, you were not able to see this dance that I was doing (maybe that's a good thing) so I ask you to imagine my dance. Graceful. Beautiful. Like a rooster having an epileptic fit.
My mom developed my photos that I took before Christmas and sent them to me. I'll try to get some of them posted as soon as I can onto my Atomic Age website.

I was doing some inter-web browsing and I came across a very good quote:
I find it interesting that of all creatures we are the most able to rationally communicate- and yet we tend to do it so badly.
Amen to that.

My friend Josh sent me this poem in honor of the astronauts aboard the Columbia. "High Flight" was written by a young American, John Gillespie Magee, Jr., who flew with the Royal Canadian Air Force in England at the Start of WW II. He was killed shortly after he composed the poem.

'High Flight'

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things

You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
My eager craft through footless halls of air.

Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
The high unsurpassed sanctity of space,
Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

Pilot Officer John Gillespie Magee

No comments: