25.12.02

"Darkness": Peter Gabriel
I am listening to Peter Gabriel's new album "Up" and I am listening to it from the ACTUAL CD! Can you believe it??? I just had a wonderful Christmas with my family and man am I full from eating too much but heck it was worth it! Most of the 24th I spent relaxing in my pajamas finishing wrapping up my gifts and finishing up my personalized poetry books that I made for my family.

As I left with my mother to go to church I realized that I hadn't eaten. I mean I haven't really eaten all day. When I woke up I had a croissant and some orange juice. That's it. So by the time we left to go to church at 7:30, let's just say I was starving. I had to hold my hunger until 9:30ish so when I got back home I couldn't wait to have some of my mother's wonderful home cooking.

The starter was my mom's infamous watercress soup. Mmmm-mmmm, heavenly! Then we had the main course roast lamb (my mom's specialty) with roasted potatoes, squash, asparagus, caramalized onions, and red cabbage with pancetta. It was so good that I had to have seconds. For dessert we had a nice fruit salad and a cake. I was so full by the end of the meal which is a good thing.

Santa was very good to me this year. I received Peter Gabriel's album "Up", Coldplay's new album "A Rush of Blood to the Head", Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones DVD, The Simpsons: Complete Second Season DVD, the 75th Anniversary of the New Yorker Cartoons book, a HUGE Dali book, some nice shirts, and a photo box.
Everyone was really happy to be together and we all had a fun time.

At the end, it's not the gifts that are important but the fact that we are celebrating the birth of Jesus who's teachings are still very a factor in our day to day lives. He taught us that love, compassion, and tolerance of others is what is really important. What's important is family and friends.
We are at a time in the world when compassion and tolerance is really needed. The growing threat of war is a frightening thing and it was nice to see that it was still possible for people to come together to just, well, to be happy. Merry Christmas everyone and have a good night!

No comments: