29.10.06

Don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour...

It was a cold, rainy, blustery Saturday in New Haven. The birdfeeder outside our door was knocked over by the wind, scattering hills of black seeds all over the driveway. We actually haven't had any birds visit the feeder so maybe this will at least pique their attention.

I've been dealing with essays and presentations for the past couple of weeks so I'm trying to enjoy a few days off now before I get back into the swing of things. Though it's been somewhat stressful, I had a great time nonetheless in my Puppets and Masks acting class. I chose my midterm scene to be from Ubu Roi by Alfred Jarry.

It is one of the most over the top, fun plays I've read in a long time so I was itching to get the chance to do an interpretation of one of the scenes. In a nutshell, the scene required three hand puppets, an aluminum sword, a papier-mache bear... fun stuff. I also got to be in two other scenes, requiring me to act with a puppet head so large, with it on, I must have been about 7 feet tall. I took some pictures so I'll try to post them up soon. Have a good night.

No comments: