27.10.06

2006 QWF Awards

Congratulations go out to John Paul Fiorentino. His collection, The Theory of a Loser Class has been shortlisted for the A. M. Klein Prize for Poetry.

The other shortlisted books in the same category include, I, Nadja, and Other Poems by Susan Elmsliem and He Claims He is the Direct Heir by Lazar Sarna.

Although I am currently living in the US, I proudly show off my CanLit infused bookcase that includes copies of Fiorentino's, Asthmatica (recommended reading for anyone with a funny-bone) and the aforementioned Loser Class. Read my article on the the book launch of Theory of the Loser Class here.

The Quebec Writers' Association will hold its annual Awards Gala at the Lion d'Or (1676 Ontario East) in Montreal. The event will be hosted by Anne Lagacé Dowson, host of CBC's "Radio Noon."

I'm coming to Montreal on November 22nd during the American Thanksgiving break so I'll try my best to attend the ceremony.

View the Quebec's Writers' Association website with more details on the upcoming QWF Awards here.

No comments: