26.7.06

Forgiveness

Peter Katz has written a beautiful new song titled "Forgiveness" and posted it on his site. Here's an excerpt of him explaining the idea behind the song:

"I heard an interview on CBC radio about 6 weeks ago with the father of a man who was decapitated by Zarcowi. What was most surprising about the interview was the man's forgiveness of Zarcowi, and his desire to break the chain of hate. He did not seek/want revenge; he was not thankful for Zarcowi's death but only further saddened by it. What was also surprising was the reaction from other Americans to his unwillingness to speak out angrily and support the war ---he was actually shot at and shown huge posters of his decapitated son by angry pro-war protesters. I was very affected by the interview and wrote about it in my journal at the time.

With the recent events in the Middle East very much in my thoughts, I woke up this morning with that man on my mind and sought out the interview online. I listened to it again today and was once again affected so much that it resulted in a song. I've just done a very quick recording of it in my bedroom and I've decided to post it online, along with the lyrics and the CBC interview for you..."

To continue reading the journal entry, please click here. To hear "Forgiveness" and read the lyrics, go to www.peterkatz.com/forgiveness.html.

No comments: