21.4.06

A cardinal just flew by my window

I've decided to get out of my basement (the dungeon) to tappity-tap away on my laptop in the kitchen to work on my script. It's so nice to see the sun again!

I'm currently reading Leon Rooke's first book of poetry, Hot Poppies and should have the review ready soon. It should be appearing in PoetryReviews.ca around the beginning of May.

I got my hands on George Elliott Clarke's long-awaited new book, Black and it is scintillating. More than any other book of Canlit that has come out this year - and there have been many great books, particularly Jason Camlot's, Attention All Typewriters - Black stands out as being one of the best, if not, my favourite work so far. Irving Layton once famously said that poetry has to "dance"; Clarke's words don't just dance, they whirl and jive off the page.

No comments: