27.1.06

Sorry no photos from CASE's (Concordia Association for Students in English) Open Mic at The Old Dublin Pub (I forgot my camera at home) but hopefully one of you shutterbugs in attendance last night can e-mail me some copies.

I read a new poem ("Bureau En Gros Love") and played a song ("Ballad of the Bundren Clan") thankfully with the help of CASE President, Bassel Atallah's guitar.

We were also treated to a nice mix of poetry, prose, and a few people even read some Irving Layton poems in honour of the recently deceased poet.

It's a real shame this will be the last CASE Open Mic for the semester. I really enjoy the welcoming community atmosphere and it's nice to get to talk to classmates I haven't seen in a while. Oh well, I'm looking forward to their wine and cheese event in April.

Three cheers for booze and milk products!

No comments: