3.1.06

The holidays went by extremely quickly this year but on the plus side I had a really nice break. Maryn came to visit for a week and we had a fun trip to Quebec City with Josh and Eva. I also had family from Spain come to celebrate New Years - true I never met them before but it's always fun to meet new people.

I've finished applying to grad schools so all I have to do now is wait and make sure my last semester as an undergrad goes by smoothly. Most of my courses are continued from the fall so I won't have too many surprises. I even just found out that I have to do some reading for my class tomorrow so I've got to get on that after I finish this post.

I'm disappointed I won't be able to take Jason Camlot's course on 19th Century Literature and the Audio Text because it was cancelled however I am looking forward to one of my new courses: Forms of Popular Writing. What kind of literary adventures will we be exploring? Detective novels, pulp fiction, or westerns? I can't wait to find out.

After checking out Jon Paul Fiorentino's holiday list of books he's currently into, I thought I'd do a list of my own of books I got during the break.

Greg's Holiday Reading List:

Eunoia by Christian Bok

Crazy About Lili by William Weintraub (I'm breezing through this right now. It's a really fun read.)

Weight by Jeanette Winterson

Selected Poems by William Carlos Williams (Ed. Robert Pinsky)

The Book of Lists: The Original Compendium of Curious Information - Canadian Edition edited by David Wallechinsky, Amy Wallace, Ira Basen & Jane Farrow (On the back cover of the book is a warning that says: "This book is addictive". I agree! It's hard to put this one down.)

No comments: