17.5.05

Pop your popcorn, put down your Pulitzer-prizewinning novel, and find someone to snuggle with because Wednesday night on Global, our television horizons are going to be broadened by the premiere of Britney and Kevin: Chaotic.

The much anticipated reality TV series starring America's favourite pop princess, Britney Spears and her new husband, Kevin 'what's-his-face', I mean, Kevin Federline, has already aired in the United States but we Canadian's will be able to take a peek at what all the fuss is about tomorrow evening.

I for one can't wait. Not because I'm a fan of Britney but because of the sheer spectacle of it all. Maybe the show will be able to answer some questions, like why Britney doesn't wear shoes in public bathrooms? Or who's brilliant idea was it to have all the guys in their wedding party wear matching tracksuits with the word "Pimps" on their backs?

You may be asking why I know all this. Let's just say I'm a concerned Canadian citizen who likes to keep up to date with pop-culture and it's juicy, juicy insides.

I will leave you with David Letterman's Top Ten List for tonight. Britney and Kevin were on CBS's The Late Show With David Letterman to present their top ten reasons to check out their new show. Enjoy!

The couple's Top 10 reasons to check out their new show are:

10. Britney: There's never-before-seen footage of me wrestling an alligator.

9. Kevin: Unlike those "Desperate Housewives" chicks, we're not, like, 60 years old.

8. Britney: It's like "American Idol" except no one sleeps with Paula Abdul.

7. Kevin: In the first episode, you can see my ass.

6. Britney: I'm hot.

5. Kevin: She's hot.

4. Britney and Kevin: We haven't had nearly enough media coverage.

3. Britney: It's gotta be better than this show.

2. Kevin: If enough people tune in, maybe my wife will make out with Madonna again.

1. Britney: In the season finale, you'll find out that Dave is the father of my baby - oops.

No comments: