20.4.05

Bring Back Bindles

Rich celebrities sport trucker hats –
though they probably have chauffeurs
driving them in stretch SUV’s
rather than big mother 18 wheelers.

I thank God spandex and florescent leg warmers
haven't come back in style;
fashion trends we all could have done without.
And I simply cannot understand bed-head hair.
Last time I awoke with sleep lines on my face
and Don King hair; I wasn’t called trendy.

Since Trailer Trash chic is in,
why don’t we go the next logical step
and bring back hobo bindles.
You know, wrapping our belongings in an old handkerchief
and hanging it from a good sized stick.

I can picture it now:

The stress of modern life getting you down?
The 21st century trend setter is always on the move
and what better way to look your best than with
designer silk bindles for the hip movers and shakers.
Tiffany’s released jewel encrusted hobo sticks,
Gucci’s new line of bindle hanky’s come in a
dazzling array of colours:
(Freeway) Fuchsia and (Wine Connoisseur) Burgundy.

I probably couldn’t afford some of the high end ones
but I’d be just as happy to buy an imitation
from Le Chateau for $29.95

No comments: