20.3.05

On Saturday I saw two FIFA films . One about Edward Hopper and the other was about an Italian artist named Lorenzo Mattotti. Originally I thought I was only seeing the Hopper film, so imagine my surprise when I found out I'd be seeing two movies for the price of one. Both films were very interesting and I personally think more enjoyable than the Dylan Thomas documentary I saw on Thursday.

Dylan Thomas may have had the most beautiful reading voice in the English language but the film makers of "Dylan Thomas: From Grave to Cradle" ended made an extremely dry film. I wasn't interested in seeing the narrator going to old Dylan Thomas haunts, looking pensive and brooding. It did touch on some important aspects of his life but I would have liked them to go deeper into his works. Oh well, still a worthwhile experience.

I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Goodnight.

No comments: