21.1.03

I've been sitting here trying to think of something creative to do but I haven't been able to figure out anything to write so here I am typing away at my Blog. I've been feeling stifled as of late. I've written some poetry since being back in Sackville but over the past few days I've been pretty blank although I've been wanting to write, or to paint something. Anything. Luckily I know that this feeling is temporary because after a long dry spell, I have a tendancy to get back into the groove of things so it'll just be a matter of time before I start doing something else. In the meantime, I'm going to post some stuff that I did when I first got back to Sackville. Enjoy!

Was it worth it?

You bastard.

How could you do this to me?

Things were going so great for us. Why?

Tell me why?

We had everything planned out. Everything!

Why did you do it?

Why did you drink so much at the party?

You didn’t even know that bitch.

Was it worth it?

That was our car you did it in. Our family car!

You ruined everything.

Are you happy now?

Tell me! Was it worth it?

You never saw it coming did you?

A damn truck. You never saw it coming.

A fucking truck.

Was it worth it dammit? Was it?
-I’m sorry.
What?
-I said I’m sorry m’am we have to lower the casket now.
You bastard…

-Greg Santos January 2003


The Meaning of Life

“Judy I did it!”
“What?”
“I did it. I figured out the meaning of life!”
“You what?”
“ I figured it out. I can’t believe it!”
“Stephen what are you talking about?”
“It’s so simple I don’t know how nobody thought about it before?”
“Ok. Calm down. What is it? What is the meaning of life?”
“The meaning of life is –“
BOOM!
“Let me get this straight m’am. He figured out the meaning of life?”
“Yes officer. He was telling me the meaning of life…”
“And?”
”And then his head exploded. I guess it was too much for his head to handle.”
“Strange. That was the fifth one this week. Anyways thank you for your time.”

-Greg Santos January 2003


No comments: